16 Fun Volleyball Fundraising Ideas
Preparing for fundraising is not easy, especially where the involved individuals, schools, or organizations do not understand what is required. For fundraising to be successful, different factors are put into consideration:
The Initial Activities
To start on planning on a fundraiser, an individual, school, or organization will have to;
- Decide on the target audience – identifying the target audience will make it easier to determine the event’s type, venue, budget, and theme.
- Set goals and create a mobile fundraising platform to collect and keep track of the funds – mobile fundraising enables easy adjustments because of the instant updating on any device, from mobile phones to desktops.
- Recognize your limitations – identifying what can be and cannot be done is essential in avoiding or countering shortcomings.
The Fundraiser Budget
- Reach out to sponsors – try to find sponsors from local and big enterprises to cater to part or all of the event’s expenses.
- Estimate the expenses and finances budget – estimating the money from sponsors, ticket sales, and the expected fund-raised money through a comprehensive list will aid in coming up with a tremendous yet manageable fundraising event.
Participants and Supporters Attendance
- Peer-to-peer fundraising before the event – existing supporters can become great ambassadors for the event. Therefore, volleyball teammates can take the initiative to start marketing while setting up crowdfunding donation pages that can be easily shared between friends and family networks.
- Determining the motivator behind people’s attendance and support – effective fundraisers incorporate supporters’ education on the fundraising mission, thereby helping them to connect and be generous due to the cause’s impact. Also, offering incentives and discounts can motivate individuals’ participation.
Incorporating Social Media
- Use platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook to post fundraising-related videos – with the prevalence of technology among all age groups, it is easier for people to access short stories that have been made to support the cause. Also, it is easier to share the videos with friends and family networks. These platforms can be used to engage individuals by offering a preview of the anticipated event. Social media can help create hashtags to add or create more buzz towards the event.
- Incorporating mobile-friendly registration – people are slowly abandoning the “old-school” paper registration and embracing online mobile registration, which is easy to participate in.
- Delegate responsibilities – Planning and organizing a fundraising event requires delegating duties to people and allowing them to control the areas they will enjoy and complete them.
- Communication and following up – constantly monitor and check in with the vendors, volunteers, and staff to ensure everyone is on track in their duty performance. Mobile messaging can be essential, primarily where people are assigned keywords allowing the quick updating of the team before, during, and after the fundraising.
On the Day of the Event
- Practice before the event – to ensure that every person is prepared before the event, have the people involved, such as the master of ceremonies and technological equipment, such as public address systems, tested. Preparation is essential to ensure a great experience of the event.
- Deliver on the set expectations – with all the planning for a great event, make sure that the same reflects on the actual event day.
- Focus on the participants’ and supporters’ reactions – during the event, interact with people and get their feedback. Also, try to find the attendees’ responses after the event. This will help in recognizing the suggested complaints as room for improvement and delight in the compliments given. Another way to determine the crowd’s reaction is by creating a survey to send as text.
- Outline the event – Not everything goes as planned, thus, the need for contingency plans. Preparing for the unexpected can be done through having a backup plan for all significant event components, such as failure by the public address system. This can be done by creating two columns, with one column having the events program while the second column has the backup options if any of the planned parts of the program fails.
1. 5 Kilometer Run or Walk
5-kilometer run or walks are significant fundraising events with low cost and a high return on investment (ROI) while efficiently promoting the volleyball fundraising idea and engages persons of all ages. 5K runs and walks make it easier to incorporate crowdfunding for the volleyball fundraising. Additionally, the participants can promote the volleyball fundraising event to their friends and family network, which will lead to a significant awareness for the fundraising mission.
The considerations for the 5K event include determining the event’s location and size concerning management, the date, and fundraising goals. Also, additional themes such as the volleyball team theme will be of additional fun. The race itself can include different levels and challenges, such as survival and fun races, which will attract more participants.
- The fundraising location, goals, and themes
- Participants sign up for forms
- Safety plans such as first aid staff
- Crowdfunding teams
- Pre-scheduled fundraising event information such as route maps sent to participants through mobile messages. This will be useful and essential in communicating with all participants. Also, during the race, it can be used in recording and informing participants and supporters of the fundraising and their progress.
Other additional considerations include looking for sponsors. This is because sponsors will help work within the set budget, raise more money, and provide promotional advantages. Therefore, looking for sponsors will require a sponsor signup form that can be integrated into the mobile technology to ensure collecting and organizing sponsors’ information is easy. Online signup forms also allow for interested sponsors to register and reach out quickly.
2. 50/50 Raffle
First, one has to confirm with their local and state laws concerning their regulations on raffles as a fundraising means. However, raffles fundraising events can be fast, easy, and fun as a volleyball fundraising idea. The fundraising event idea can be planned and organized either as an individual, a school or in collaboration with other community stakeholders such as movie theaters and venues.
- Raffle tickets. These can be purchased in local stores. The best raffle tickets are the double-rolled ones having a pair of tickets with the same numbers. This will be useful where one ticket is placed in the drawing container while the other is given to the buyer.
- A large container such as a bucket or a hat.
- An integrated app and mobile swiper for credit card ticket purchases
The volleyball raffle fundraising event will involve the supporters buying the raffle tickets. For example, the raffle tickets can be priced per ticket or buy several tickers for a discount price. The supporters and participants then write their information, such as name and phone number, at the back of the ticket to be placed in the drawing container. The participant who wins the raffle will then share the proceeds in half to the volleyball fundraising.
To gain more proceed from the raffle ticket, the participants do not have to be present during the drawing and can have the winner informed through mobile messages. Therefore, encouraging more participants to purchase more tickets despite their absence in the hope of winning.
Volleyball fundraising auctions can be a great way to make significant funds for the event. There are different types of auctions to choose from, such as online, live, silent, or bid. For a volleyball auction event, items like volleyballs, uniforms, and tags can be great to promote the fundraising theme.
- Auction items
- Auction event marketing includes a sneak peek of the auction items
- Participants sign up form or mobile registration
- An integrated app and mobile swiper for auction payments.
Therefore, a volleyball auction fundraising event will be influential when the auction type, theme, location, and event date are decided. The auctioning items can be collected from supporters, the community, sponsors, and local businesses. Ideas for auctioning items can include gift baskets which are perfect for promoting individuals’ donations and assembly. The participants’ signup form will act as an RSVP.
The use of social media to create the event’s buzz will go a long way in peaking the attendance by showing a sneak peek of the auction items. Also, to make it more interesting, creating VIP exclusive access to particular items will increase the fundraising amount.
4. Basketball Hoops Fundraising Games.
It will be interesting to use other sports to support and aid in volleyball fundraising. Many people enjoy basketball, and creating an event, especially for schools, where people can shoot hoops for fundraising is a great idea.
- A basketball court. For schools, this is easier because many schools have basketball courts. Organizations can book basketball courts for the fundraising event.
- Participants registration form and use of mobile registration
- Volunteers sign up forms
- Social media, mobile, and print marketing
- An integrated app and mobile swiper for registration payments
To have a successful event, marketing the game through social media, posting banners in local shops and stores, and mobile messages to participants and supporters will help encourage participants’ registration into a hooping team or individual competition.
The registration will involve a minimum donation amount to play as an individual or team (each different). The payments can be made through an integrated mobile and app system, making it easy to track and progress the fundraising amount.
5. Bands Battle
Having bands to battle is a great way to raise funds as a volleyball fundraiser. This is because the opportunities for raising money are immense, from band entry registration fees, crowdfunding donations, and ticket sales.
- The event location
- Public Address system
- Participants mobile registration or registration forms
- An integrated app and mobile swiper for registration and crowdfunding payments.
The bands’ event’s battle will require determining the event’s venue, and its availability depends on the size, such as school gyms or malls. Other unique venues can include coffee shops that offer discounts in return for the heavy traffic. Also, the business can act as a sponsor.
However, the event should not be limited to include bands only but can consist of dance troupes, poets, solo artists, spoken words artists, and magicians. The participants are then given a crowdfunding platform, such as mobile-friendly platforms, to share their participation with the friends and family network. To win the competition, the participant should have the highest number of votes cast.
The love for bingo among the more extensive populous is evident; therefore, making it a fantastic volleyball fundraising idea. However, it is prudent for individuals, schools, and organizations to familiarize themselves with state and local laws on bingo fundraising events.
Funds can be collected through an admission package which includes the entry fee, bingo’s book sheets, and additional bonuses such as complimentary tickets having a refreshment offered. Participants can purchase the admission package at the venue or prior through the mobile registration platform. Depending on the size of the event, it is essential to look for volunteers to help in selling the bingo tickets and organizing during the event.
- Bingo playing cards and game
- An integrated app and mobile swiper for bingo admission package payments.
- Volunteer paper or digital registration form
- Prizes such as donated items
7. Chores for Charity
People do not like performing chores, and this can be an excellent volleyball fundraising idea. Participants can register, such as families, community members, and business partnerships, to set aside some of their time to perform chores for donations and funds.
- An integrated app and mobile swiper for the chore’s payments.
- Participants digital and paper sign up forms
- Work request submission forms
- Mobile reminder for chores scheduling and updates
Planning a chore for a charity fundraiser event requires having volunteers who will present their different services and the work scope they are willing to engage in. After that, the donations or funds for the different kinds of chores are determined and establish a platform where prospects can request the available services. Moreover, there is a need to develop a reminder platform where the volunteer’s information is uploaded and their reminders and updates are scheduled.
The opportunities are extensive; for example, the elderly in the community may require minor repairs, cleaning, decorating, and other odd jobs. Additionally, local government and businesses may engage the chores for charity in a community project such as cleaning the park, thereby doing some good for the community while raising funds for the volleyball event.
8. Dodge Ball Tournament
Having a dodge ball tournament is easy and fun because it accommodates all ages. Funds can be raised through participants signing up digitally or traditionally, either as a team or individual. To make the event more exciting and increase participation, the dodge ball tournament should have different competition levels for different age groups.
Encouraging the participants to share the event with their friends and family network will boost attendance. Thus, funds will be raised from the entry fee and crowdfunding. The winners will be determined by the highest donation made, or it will be an added advantage to the team with the most donation.
Additionally, more funds can be raised from selling snacks and drinks. For the prize, the school, organization, or individual can have a trophy or t-shirt.
- Balls (either handball or volleyball)
- An integrated app and mobile swiper for auction payments.
- Crowdfunding team forms and authentic team identifications
9. Fashion Show
Fashion shows are the trendiest way to raise funds. For volleyball fundraising, incorporating a volleyball theme into the fashion show will be essential in promoting the theme. Planning for a fashion show can involve collaborations with local boutiques who lend their clothes for charity fashion shows or agree to have their clothes on the show for sales after the event, with part of the proceeds going to the fundraising.
One can ask the participants to bring their outfits while considering the two or three clothes changes per model in a fashion show. This information will help determine the number of model participants and the length of the show.
Having model participants is easy because any person can sign up as a model, from family to community members. Participants registration can occur through digital mobile or traditional paper forms. Social media can help promote and market the event enabling the purchasing of tickets before the event.
- Outfits and accessories
- An integrated app and mobile swiper for ticket payments
10. Game Night Fundraiser
A game night fundraiser is great because persons of all ages can participate and enjoy themselves. Different themes for game nights can be incorporated, such as Vegas-style casinos. There are many games to engage in during game nights, from board games to video games. Thus, to plan for a game night fundraiser for a volleyball event, there should be a payment system for the entry fee and other rules such as game fines.
The use of social media to market can be effective in increasing participation. Other marketing ideas include setting up posters in schools, community centers, businesses, and restaurants. Having volunteers will be helpful in the organizing and management of the game night’s activities. The advantage of game nights is that they can become highly competitive, making them a recurring event for people to compete and break records while generating funds.
- Admission registration
- Volunteer sign up forms
- Competition forms
- Games such as board games, trivia questions, or deck of cards.
11. Charity Sports Skills Clinic
A volleyball fundraising event can involve having professional, and amateur volleyball players, trainers, coaches, and guest pros host a clinic to teach volleyball techniques and skills to help people learn and improve their volleyball game. Planning for a charity sports clinic will involve deciding on the clinic type and age group; in this case, it is volleyball as a clinic type.
After that, identify the clinic’s venue, such as a school gym, and find ways for participants and volunteers to register. Marketing the event will be essential in promoting a massive turn up. This fundraising event is helpful because it gives opportunities to less skilled players to seek guidance from professionals and advance their game to better levels towards perfection.
- Professional athletes and mentors
- Participants registration form
- Clinic’s venue
12. Wacky Wager
Wacky wagers are fun and engaging crowdfunding idea that encourages people and teams to donate in return for a wacky incentive that encourages them to give or donate. For example, a group of friends may decide to donate $50 each to the volleyball event. In return, the friends will have one of their close friends partake in a hilarious activity like wearing bunny ears to school or work. However, to make it more interesting, the wager should be between two groups or individuals; the person who donates or contributes more than the other wins the wager and decides what the losing party does.
- Crowdfunding mobile-friendly platform
- Creative ideas for the wagers
- Social media accounts for the crowdfunding and wackiness promotion
13. Yard Sale
Yard sales are great fundraising ideas while de-cluttering. For a volleyball fundraiser, selling volleyball items in addition to other things from supporters can be essential in raising funds. Social media can be a great way to communicate to supporters on the sale and drop-off location for the donations. Also, people can register online while pledging to donate different items that they feel to. After that, the contributions are collected, sorted, and priced for sale.
It is prudent to look for stains, broken pieces, and personal items such as receipts accidentally left behind by their former owners during this time. Again, social media can help promote the sale, such as community event sites and Craigslist. During the sale day, having volunteers will be significant in organizing the event, such as displaying items on the tables, making it easier for people to identify things and make purchasing decisions. An integrated mobile swiper and application will help secure payments.
- Donation items registration forms
- Yard sale venue
- Volunteers registration forms
- Mobile or social media marketing
- An integrated app and mobile swiper for yard sale payments
14. Gala Event
Gala events are elegant, themed and include different activities throughout the event such as dancing, entertainment, dinner, and silent auctions. The gala should therefore be in a theme that promotes volleyball fundraising. The decorations, entertainment, and dinner menu selection should ensure that the supporters and guests can connect to the cause. However, preparing for a gala event is not easy because it requires the marketing of the event on social media platforms, planning, decorating, following up, and cleaning, among other activities.
Galas are great platforms for individuals, schools, or organizations to ask for in-kind donations, additional help from donors, and favors. Collaborating with other stakeholders will help in cutting costs. For example, engaging with food and beverage outlets will help save or cut costs on those items. Mobile-friendly donating systems will be essential in securing donations. Also, the mobile donating systems can act as real-time thermometers during the event to show the donations’ progress, especially during top emotional moments.
- Gala’s venue
- Volunteers registration forms
- An integrated app and mobile swiper for gala donation payments.
- Social media for supporters’ pre and post event engagement
15. Cupcake Fundraiser
Many people have a sweet tooth, which can be an excellent way for people to donate and enjoy delicious baking. To raise funds for a volleyball event, crowdfunding can be a great way for supporters to become judges. Also, the participants in the baking competition engage in crowdfunding before and during the event while the votes are still counted. This can help the baking participants to progress to the next level or avoid elimination.
Additional to the baking, supporters will face hunger from the delicious aroma of the baking. Therefore, selling beverages such as juice, coffee will lead to additional funds. A mobile payment system will help keep track of sales and identify the progress of the donations. The cupcake fundraiser can involve baking on-site or presenting their already baked items for judging and engaging in frosting.
- Cupcake fundraiser venue – for cupcake fundraising involving participants baking on-site, the venue should have ovens or kitchen space. However, for already pre-baked items, having space to display their baked products is all that is needed.
- crowdfunding pages for baking teams and judges
- An integrated app and mobile swiper for auction payments.
16. Obstacle Course Fundraiser
Schools and organizations can organize different obstacle course events to raise the bar from the typical courses. Psychological studies have revealed that individuals are more likely to participate in challenging, hard and painful events because individuals are drawn to them. For example, instead of engaging in a 5K event, the race can include obstacles along the way. Another challenging event can be a paintball fundraiser; however, such a challenge is limited in the number of participants. Therefore, the size of the event and the number of participants should be determined.
Planning an obstacle course fundraiser will include creating a platform such as a mobile crowdfunding registration platform. The same platform can be used to share the event’s information, ticket viewing, and marketing. Other marketing options include printing flyers. After that, determine the obstacle course venue and date. Finding a venue can involve either looking for an obstacle course facility for rent or set up obstacles in your choice of location.
However, one must note that the venue will determine the type of obstacle: mud pits, wall climbing, obstacle crawls, or rope climbing. Therefore, look for a venue that is hard and challenging; the more demanding, the better. Funds are raised from the participants’ entry fees.
- Obstacle course venue (Rented or set up)
- First aid staff and volunteers
- Crowdfunding pages
- An integrated app and mobile swiper for auction payments.
We hope you enjoyed some of these volleyball fundraising ideas. Be sure to also read some of our other articles on baseball fundraising ideas and high school fundraising ideas.